We all start somewhere

Thursday, April 9, 2015

It's been a long road on this journey. It's really only been in the last year or so that I got focused on my health and fitness, and only in the last couple of months that I got really serious about it. So you've heard of the Freshman 15, right? Yeah, I put those on. But have you heard of the Newlywed 30? I hadn't either until I found them ON me. That photo on the left was Christmas 2012. The photo on the right was 2 weeks ago.

Last week, I hit a huge milestone...I've LOST 35lbs with help from clean eating, Pure Barre, 24 Day Challenges, TurboFire, P90X, but what's really helped me in this last push has been Shakeology, 21 Day Fix, and 21 Day Fix Extreme from my highest weight and I'm now under what I weighed on my wedding day. It hasn't been fast. And it hasn't been easy. I have PCOS and if you know what that is, you know what a monkey wrench it throws into your progress. But I won't let that stop me.

This isn't just about the weight loss, it's a lifestyle change. Trading old habits for new ones (like green smoothies). I feel great, I sleep better, I feel more focused during the day, I have more energy, I feel more confident. I still hate burpees and broccoli makes me want to gag most days, but I'm excited that I haven't given up. I've made strides in the right direction.

I'm not done yet (one day I'll have abs...). Health & fitness is a journey, not a destination, after all. So with that I'm super excited to say that I'm a Beachbody Coach (don't worry, I'm still a photographer), and I want to pay it forward and help other people get started on their fitness journey. I want to encourage you to keep going, cheer you on when you feel like giving up, and plus it's way more fun when you have friends working out with you. Who wants to get fit with me?

T25 with ShaunT is next...


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!