Day 1: Happy Habit

Monday, May 11, 2015


This is an experiment I'm taking from the pages of the Slight Edge by Jeff Olson and happiness researchers. I want to see if I can create a new habit of happiness.

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success." - Albert Schweitzer

For the next 21 days (or more, but 3 weeks to start), I'm going to blog my Happy Habit posts. Both to keep myself accountable and to see what happens. I don't really expect anything life shattering to happen, but I do think that I could create a new habit for myself. And a happy one at that!

Here are the 5 Happy Habits from Shawn Achor:
  1. Every morning write down three new things you're grateful for.
  2. Journal for two minutes a day about a positive experience from the last 24 hours.
  3. Meditate daily for a few minutes.
  4. At the start of every day, write an email to someone praising them or thanking them.
  5. Get fifteen minutes of simple cardio exercise a day
1. I am grateful for my husband. I am grateful for our home. I am grateful for our dog, Kevin.

2. Yesterday, I had a positive experience talking to my mom on the phone wishing her a Happy Mother's Day. She is a full time nurse and nursing professor, she's also the main caretaker of my grandma who has been in and out of the hospital for the last two months, and also balancing life with my dad and the rest of the local family.

3. Ohhhhm. ;-)

4. Emailed my sister.

5. Got my cardio on this morning doing Day 1 of T25 with my husband as well as walking the dog three times. Walking the dog is perfect thinking and reflecting time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!