FitBit Flex Review

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I received a FitBit Flex last year for Christmas. I actually used to have the FitBit One, until I lost it. It was the version that you could clip to your pants pocket. I've used the FitBit Flex nearly everyday since Christmas, and I love it!

I'm kind of a geek when it comes to data and stats, and the FitBit is the easiest way to keep track of your activity and movement. You just wear it on your wrist and go. The charge lasts for about five days before needing to recharge it. 

In January, I set my daily goal for 8,000 steps which is just shy of 2 miles a day. Now, in April, I find myself at least meeting my goal, if not surpassing it, usually hitting the 10,000 step mark. 

Because I have a step goal set, I find myself more willing to walk my dog multiple times a day. He's a happy camper because he gets to go on at least two walks a day, if not three (at least while the weather is still mild enough to walk during the daytime...Texas summers are brutal!).

Each little LED dot accounts for 1/5 of your step goal. If your goal is 10,000 steps, each dot is 2,000 steps. It's an easy way to keep track and know how far you have moved each day.

There is also a sleep mode. You just tap quickly until the FitBit vibrates and switches to sleep mode. The next morning you can see how you slept. It accounts for your time awake and restlessness. If you forget to put your FitBit into sleep mode, you can always manually enter your sleep time into the app. If you wore your FitBit to sleep, it will keep track of your movements.



PROS:

  • It's super simple to use. The most time intensive part is probably just setting it up by creating and account and pairing it with your phone.
  • The app. All the data is there and you can keep up with your goals. You can also sync it to other apps such as MyFitnessPal, LoseIt, and the Apple Health App.
  • If you purchase the FitBit Aria, which is the wireless syncing scale, the scale will update your weight in the app. We bought one after the new year and love it. It also measures your body fat percentage.


CONS:

  • I wish it had a longer battery life - like 7 days, that way I could get more time in. Sometimes, when it runs out of battery, I charge it overnight, but then I don't have the sleeping stats. Like I said I'm a nerd for the stats.
  • Because of the design, if you're working out with your FitBit, it can get a little bit gunky on the side that sits on your arm. Just think of the sweat and daily grit. It's a simple enough fix to pop the tracker out and clean it off.
Do you have a FitBit? How do you like it?

My husband received a FitBit Charge for Christmas he wears it everyday. It's a little bit larger than the Flex and also has a digital display that shows steps, calories, and the time. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!