Favorite Shakeology Recipe

Wednesday, May 27, 2015


I started drinking Shakeology about 3 years ago. Over the years it has improved in its formulation and now it's my favorite part of the day. Since I have a major sweet tooth and love all kinds of sugary baked goods, this is the best way I've found to satisfy that craving without going off the rails crazy.

I could tell you all about what's in Shakeology, but that would be really boring. Instead, I can tell you what it's done for me.

I get my nutrients and superfoods from Shakeology. I've been seeing a naturopath for the last 12 months and she often recommends supplements to keep my body and hormones and functions all in balance. I was reading the ingredients in the supplements and most of them are in Shakeology! Plus, if I'm being honest, I'm not a fan of vegetables generally speaking and this stuff packs in everything I need, even if I don't get any broccoli on my plate.

It cuts my cravings. Ever since I started eating clean (with real intention) and drinking Shakeology, I find it way easier to resist a piece of cake or a pint of ice cream. While I may have a bite every now and then, I don't crave it. I don't find myself in a closet secretly trying to gorge down a bowl of Ben & Jerry's. Because it's sweet and tastes like chocolate, I get my fix in. It feels like I'm cheating!

It gives me energy. I am not a morning person. My husband and I started doing T25 every morning and he nudges me awake every day. I'm a zombie until I get the workout started. Then I'm just a tired zombie. After I have my Shakeology for the day I always feel better and more energized. In fact, I went a couple weeks without it when I ran out, and I could totally tell the difference!

Okay, so I promised my favorite Shakeology recipe. Here it is.

1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (I recommend Almond Breeze over Silk brand for consistency)
1/2 banana
1 tsp peanut butter
handfull of ice

Blend in blender or NutriBullet. Serve right away. 

This is my favorite and my go-to recipe. If I'm in a pinch and don't have any bananas or peanut butter, I'll just do almond milk, Shakeology, and ice.

If there's one tip I have: don't mix it with water alone! You will not have a good experience if you do so. At least in my opinion. If you're wanting to limit the almond milk, do 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup almond milk...it makes such a difference in the consistency and flavor. It tastes so much better!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!