Focus T25: Week 1 Recap

Friday, May 15, 2015

We finished the first week of Focus T25! Hooray!

My husband has done ShaunT programs in the past - Insanity: The Asylum, Volume 1 & 2. I've watched him workout and that never looked inviting, interesting, or like something I would ever want to do. It's intended audience is athletes and people who train like them. Seeing as how I have no aspirations to be an athlete, it was never something I was going to do.

I brought up the idea of doing Focus T25 together for a couple of reasons:
  • It was only 25 minutes a day.
  • It was only 5 days a week.
  • It's mainly cardio and bodyweight exercises.
  • It's by ShaunT.


We had a couple things we were busy with such as going to California for a wedding, so we decided to start on May 11, bright and early at 6:15am.

Now, that's normal routine for my husband. He's accustomed to waking up that early and working out. I'm accustomed to waking up around 6:45am and walking the dog...and not working out until probably 9 or 10. So while it's kind of brutal, it's actually a good thing because we get it done and workout is over for the day. 

For extra accountability, I decided to share our journey on Facebook by posting a daily sweaty selfie after we finish a workout. While it's not glamorous (but who am I kidding, I'm not glamorous) and I feel kind of silly doing it, I know that's it's helping me stay accountable to the cause. At the end of the first phase (Alpha) I want to be able to look back at all 25 photos and be able to say, WE DID IT.







Friday has an optional Double Day, meaning two workouts in one day. Well, we decided to go Beast Mode and do both workouts. To say that I was excited about it would be a bold faced lie. But I was extremely excited to have finished both workouts and be done for the weekend! 

I actually got really used to working out on Saturdays because of the 21 Day Fix, so it's pretty nice to be done on Friday. Although, I would consider taking the second workout from Friday and doing it on Saturday instead.

So what do I think? 

Well, it's the first week, and as someone who is not an athlete, the workouts are totally doable and thankfully there is a modifier when you need it. I still do pushups and planks on my knees and I'm totally okay with that. I'm actually getting a little bit better with burpees, but I still pretty much hate them. 

I really like that the workouts are only 25 minutes. By the time that you're ready to give up and call it quits, you're already halfway through. 

ShaunT is a great trainer of course and very motivating. 

So far so good! Day 1-5 of Focus T25 complete!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!